The Promised Messiah (AS) has prayed for all articipants of the Jalsa – past, present and future – in the following words:
“I pray to God that He be with all those who are coming to attend the Jalsa. May God grant them great rewards, may He show Mercy on them and remove their hardships and sorrows. May He let them have what they desire and raise them on the Day of Resurrection along with those to whom He has shown Mercy and His Grace. ‘O God, O You who are the great Granter, the Benevolent and Merciful, the Remover of hardships, do listen to all these my prayers and grant us victory over our opponents with great glaring signs, for You have the power to do whatever You like. Ameen.’ ” (Ishteharat, Vol.1 p.342 – December 7, 1892)
This is no ordinary gathering. There are many benefits of the Jalsa to the participants. Members should utilize this opportunity to renew their personal faith and spirituality, meet and establish friendship with other members of the community, welcome new members into the fold of the community and remember those who have passed away in the previous year and pray for them.
- Constantly pray for the success of the Jalsa.
- Offer Salat in congregation at designated times.
- Observe proper mosque etiquette when in the prayer area.
- Listen quietly during recitation of the Holy Quran.
- Pray for safe travel of all members to and from Jalsa
- Not waste time in idle gossip but spend spare time in remembering Allah.
- Under the security arrangements, every member should carry his/her JamÄâ€˜at identity card during all the sessions of the Jalsa and other events. The card must be presented on demand.
- Front rows of the hall should be filled first so that the members coming afterward donâ€™t have to go all the way to the front rows as it is against the etiquettes and also creates disturbance.
- Cooperate with volunteer on duty to help you park in appropriate spaces.
- Notify security about any suspicious characters not wearing a badge.
- Not disturb others by talking among yourselves during the formal sessions.
- Visit to stalls during Jalsa proceedings should be strictly avoided by the members.
- Attend Jalsa sessions in marquees at proper times.
- Register as soon as you come to Jalsa and put on your name badge.
- Those who require permit for Green Area (area near stage) or for chairs must get permits from NÄzim Permit in advance.
- Be courteous to fellow attendees of the Jalsa.
- Show respect to your elders and act in a kind manner to those younger than you.
- We should display discipline by making rows straight, remaining silent and attentive.
- Cell phones should be switched off during Jalsa session.
- Members must observe punctuality in attending the Jalsa. They must arrive before the start of each session. Please arrive at the Jalsagah well in time.
- Unnecessary movement should be avoided during the proceedings, as it creates lot of disturbance for other audience.
- Not visit the dining tent or stalls during formal sessions.
- Not waste food and keep the dining area clean.
- Keep the bathrooms clean and report any non-functional bathrooms ASAP.
- Try to portray the true and beautiful image of the Jamaat to outsiders, especially our neighbors.
- Wear Islamic clothing. Men and women should cover their heads.
- Women must observe Purdah and men must observe “Ghaz-e-Basr”(lowering of the eyes).
- Men should not crowd near the women’s entrance.
- Families should fix their meeting points beforehand to avoid crowding in these areas.
- Make sure that children as well as teenagers are at their best behavior.
- Mothers should come prepared and bring formula, supplies and diapers etc for their infants.